Certified Addictions Counsellor III
Why should you obtain the ICAC- III Accreditation?
- Position yourself for career advancement and increased salary potential.
- Set yourself apart as a Certified Addictions Counsellor Level III from others in your field
- Demonstrate your skill set to potential clients, employers, commitment to quality of care by verifying through certification the skills and competencies you have developed through years of work experience and education.
- The ICAC-III credential reflects a commitment of the highest ethical standards for Certified Addictions Counsellor Professionals.
- Master’s Degree or higher educational diploma
- Certified Counselor or Licensed Counselor Designation (depends on country)
- 450 hours of training as an Addiction Professional from an IAAP Approved Educational Institution
- Written verification of competency by a supervisor
- Current employment as an Addictions Professional
- At least three years of supervised experience as a Counsellor
- At least 6 contact hours of education and training in Ethics, and six hours of HIV/AIDS-specific training within the last six years.
- Passing score on the ICAC-III examination within four years of the application.
- Copy of Master’s Degree or higher diploma or transcript.
- Copy of Certified Counselor, Licensed Counselor or Trained Professional Decree
- Evidence of ethics and HIV/Aids Training
- Evidence of 6,000 hours of supervised experience as a Professional Counsellor
- Written verification of competency in all skills groups by a health care professional that has observed your work.
- Submission of a signed and dated statement that the candidate has read and adheres to the IAAP Code of Ethics (in application package)
- Payment of non-refundable application/certification review fee.
- $145.00 ($100.00 for IAAP members)
Any candidate taking the examination specifically for an International credential must be approved by the IAAP prior to registering for the test.
Any candidate taking the examination as part of a state or country credentialing or licensing process must contact their state or country certification/licensing board to obtain the necessary code and online link to take the exam.
Test applications and fees are separate. Exam fee is $150.00
The written International credentialing examination is tailored to test the applicant on his or her projected knowledge based on experience, education and training. The following skill groups are evaluated in the examination, and an applicant for International certification should be well versed in each of these topic areas:
- Knowledge of Addiction and Counseling Techniques
- Case Management, Aftercare and Discharge
- Screening, Intake, Orientation, Assessments
- Ethical Facets of Obtaining and Managing Clients
- Treatment Placement, Aftercare and Legal Issues
- Family issues and education
- Legal and Ethical Issues
Please submit application with the application processing fee to email@example.com