Certified Clinical Intervention Professional ICCIP
Why should you obtain the ICCIP Accreditation?
- Position yourself for career advancement and increased salary potential.
- Set yourself apart as an Advanced Clinical Professional in Intervention
- Distinguish yourself as a Certified Clinical Intervention Professional who has specialized in addiction placement and crisis services.
- Demonstrate your skill set to potential clients, employers, commitment to quality of care by verifying through certification the skills and competencies you have developed through years of work experience and education.
- The ICCIP credential reflects a commitment of the highest ethical standards for Certified Clinical Intervention Professionals.
- BA, BS or higher.
- Certified Counselor or Licensed Counselor Dsignation
- 25 hours of training as an Advanced Intervention Professional from an IAAP Approved Educational Institution
- 100 hours of Addiction Specific Training (can be part of the required hours)
- Current employment as a Professional Interventionist or Clinical Addictions Professional
- At least one year of supervised experience as an Interventionist
- At least 6 contact hours of education and Training in Ethics
- Passing score on the ICCIP examination within four years of the application.
- Copy of BS, BA or higher diploma or transcript.
- Copy of Certified Counselor, Licensed Counselor or Trained Professional
- Evidence of ethics and HIV/Aids Training
- Evidence of 1,000 hours of supervised experience as a Professional Interventionist
- Written verification of competency in all skills groups by a health care professional that has observed your work.
- Submission of a signed and dated statement that the candidate has read and adheres to the IAAP Code of Ethics (in application package)
- Payment of non-refundable application/certification review fee.
- $145.00 ($100.00 for IAAP members)
Any candidate taking the examination specifically for an International credential must be approved by the IAAP prior to registering for the test.
Any candidate taking the examination as part of a state or country credentialing or licensing process must contact their state or country certification/licensing board to obtain the necessary code and online link to take the exam.
Test applications and fees are separate. Exam fee is $150.00
The written International credentialing examination is tailored to test the applicant on his or her projected knowledge based on experience, education and training. The following skill groups are evaluated in the examination, and an applicant for International certification should be well versed in each of these topic areas:
- Crisis Intervention
- Knowledge of Addiction and Counseling Techniques
- Clinical Crisis Applications
- Descalation Techniques
- Pre Intervention, Intervention and Post Intervention
- Ethical Facets of Obtaining and Managing Clients
- Treatment Placement, Aftercare and Legal Issues
- Family issues, crisis intervention and education
- Case management
Please submit application with the application processing fee to firstname.lastname@example.org