Certified Health and Wellness Coach ICHWC
Why should you obtain the ICHWC Accreditation?
- Position yourself for career advancement and increased salary potential.
- Distinguish yourself as a Certified health and Wellness Coach who has specialized in addiction aftercare services.
- Demonstrate your skill set to potential clients, employers, commitment to quality of care by verifying through certification the skills and competencies you have developed through years of work experience.
- The ICHWC credential reflects a commitment of the highest ethical standards for Certified Health and Wellness Coaches.
- GED, High School diploma, or higher.
- 100 hours of training as a Professional Heath and or Wellness Coach from an IAAP Approved Educational Institution
- Current employment as a Health and Wellness Coach
- At least one year 1000 hours of supervised experience as a Professional Health and or Wellness Coach.
- At least 6 contact hours of education and Training in Ethics
- Passing score on the ICHWC examination within four years of the application.
- Copy of GED, High School or higher diploma or transcript.
- Evidence of Ethics Training
- Evidence of 1,000 hours of supervised experience as a Health and or Wellness Coach
- Written verification of competency in all skills groups by a health care professional that has observed your work.
- Submission of a signed and dated statement that the candidate has read and adheres to the IAAP Code of Ethics (in application package)
- Payment of non-refundable application/certification review fee.
- $145.00 ($100.00 for IAAP members)
Any candidate taking the examination specifically for an International credential must be approved by the IAAP prior to registering for the test.
Any candidate taking the examination as part of a state or country credentialing or licensing process must contact their state or country certification/licensing board to obtain the necessary code and online link to take the exam.
Test applications and fees are separate. Exam fee is $150.00
The written International credentialing examination is tailored to test the applicant on his or her projected knowledge based on experience, education and training. The following skill groups are evaluated in the examination, and an applicant for International certification should be well versed in each of these topic areas:
- Understanding Goal Setting and Impetus for Change
- Core Competencies of Coaching
- Basics of Health and Wellness
- Ethical Facets of Obtaining and Managing Clients
- Understanding Body Image and Disease
- Food and Fitness Componets
Please submit application with the application processing fee to firstname.lastname@example.org